The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will provide support to people who previously had no access to Government supports for hearing loss.
The NDIS will support people under the age of 65 years old with a permanent hearing loss who need hearing assistance to lead a full and rich life.
The access requirement in regards to hearing loss can be challenging to understand for many participants. Attune Hearing can provides your patients with a comprehensive hearing assessment and documentation to assist your patients in gaining access to the NDIS program.
Once access has been gained to the NDIS, Attune Hearing can provide additional advice and documentation to your patient to help them obtain adequate hearing support to allow them to achieve their hearing goals. The participant’s planner will need to complete the HSP application for NDIS participants, and the medical practitioner will need to sign the medical certificate. This enables the participant to receive hearing supports and services under the HSP or in conjunction with the NDIS.
- To gain access to the NDIS on hearing loss grounds the patient has to show:
- That they are under 65 years of age
- That they meet Australian residency requirements
- That they have a permanent hearing loss which meets NDIS criteria
- The hearing loss affects their ability to function effectively in daily activities.
- The hearing loss affects social and economic participation
To arrange an initial NDIS assessment for your patients, simply refer them to Attune Hearing as we are registered to assist eligible patients in gaining access to the Hearing Services Program (HSP).