Financial support available for eligible pensioners
Attune Hearing is accredited to provide free hearing services, including free hearing aids to eligible pensioners and veterans (DVA), under the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.
Attune participates in the Hearing Services Program, which means patients are able to access Attune Hearing’s private services with no out of pocket expense.
About the Hearing Services Program
The following video outlines the Australian Governments Hearing Services Program (HSP) which is utilised by pensioners, DVA Gold Card holders and DVA White Card holders (Conditions apply) to access subsidised hearing services.
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible to apply for a hearing services Voucher if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident 26 years or older and you are:
- A Pensioner Concession Card Holder.
- Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink.
- The holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions.
- The holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss.
- A dependant of a person in one of the above categories.
- A member of the Australian Defence Force.
- Undergoing an Australian Government-funded vocational rehabilitation service and you are referred by your service provider.
You are eligible to receive other declared hearing services if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident and you are:
- Younger than 26 years.
- An Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander who is over 50 years, or a participant in a Community Development Employment Projects Program.
Attune’s Services for Eligible Patients
Attune is accredited by the Department of Health – Hearing Services to provide the following hearing services to eligible persons:
- Free Hearing Test to identify the type and degree of hearing loss and communication disability.
- Free Hearing Aids and other devices to assist and improve communication and hearing ability.
- Comprehensive Audiology Report including interpretation of results and recommendations forwarded to the patient’s Medical Practitioner.
- Free Counselling to help the patient understand the impact of hearing loss on communication and quality of life.
- A Rehabilitation Program to help maximise communication potential for the client.
- Maintenance and Batteries supplied (conditions apply).
How to apply for a Hearing Services Voucher:
Attune staff can assist patients with eligibility for hearing services and fill in an online application for the patient. We require the patients first name, surname, date of birth and eligibility number (such as a Centrelink or DVA card) and contact details. The system will then check if the patient is eligible. This only takes a couple of minutes.
Hearing Services Provider
Once the patient has an approved application they are now eligible to receive services under the Hearing Services (HSP) Program. This approved application is compleated over the phone or in the clinic. The patient can both check their eligibility over the phone and book an appointment with the attune client help team by calling 1300 736 702.
- If the patient is currently an Attune client in the Australian Government Hearing Services Program, they will be issued a Return Voucher every three years which will entitle the patient to a full review of their hearing.
- Attune can now assist your patient in obtaining a voucher if they require assistance. Please phone 1800 195 155 for your local clinic.
- Information on the Program is also available from the Department of Health’s Call and Information Centre on
1800 500 726 (or 1800 500 496 for users of TTY equipment).
For more information visit: www.hearingservices.gov.au