The Australian Government Hearing Services Program (HSP), (formally OHS), exists to ensure that all eligible Australians are receiving the funding they need to gain access to quality hearing health care.
Am I eligible to receive subsidised hearing services?
If you fall into any of the following categories, you may be eligible to receive a range of free services and fully or partially subsidised hearing devices under the HSP.
- A pensioner Concession Card holder
- Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- A Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card holder
- A Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) White Card holder issued for specific conditions including hearing loss
- A member of the Australian Defence Force
- A National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participant
What services am I entitled to in the program?
At Attune, we provide a full suite of fully and partially subsidised hearing services for eligible patients.
Some of these include:
- Comprehensive hearing assessments
- Wide range of hearing aids from leading manufacturers
- Constant care – we provide a high level of care and offer ongoing treatment for patients depending on their needs
Attune Hearing is the only accredited hearing health care provider in Australia and we pride ourselves on being the largest independent provider, meaning we are not owned by hearing aid manufacturers. Our focus is on finding the right solution for you, our patient.
Which hearing aids are you eligible to receive as part of the program?
Attune is Australia’s largest independently owned hearing health care provider. This means we are not owned by, or affiliated with hearing aid manufacturers. We pride ourselves on providing holistic hearing health care of the highest quality for every patient we see. Your hearing health is our priority and our goal is to provide you with the right solution.
Your audiologist will perform a comprehensive hearing assessment to accurately determine your level of hearing loss. Once this is complete, they will discuss your lifestyle and general health with you to determine the features and benefits that would suit you most in a hearing device specifically for your level of hearing loss. They will then have the necessary information to recommend the best solution for you.
Attune Hearing offers a wide range of hearing aids from leading manufacturers.
Our product range includes:
- In-The-Canal (ITC) hearing aids
- Behind-The-Ear (BTE) hearing aids
- In-The-Ear (ITE) hearing aids
- Complete-In-The-Canal (CITC) hearing aids
- Assistive Listening Devices
I’m eligible, how do I apply?
Contact your local Attune clinic and one of our Client Advocates will be able to assist you in checking your eligibility and applying for the HSP. If you would prefer, you can apply online on the HSP website or fill out the New Client Application Form (please note that paper applications can take up to 4 weeks to process).
When you contact your Attune clinic, your client advocate will provide you with a copy of the medical certificate that needs to be filled out by your GP. This is to ensure that you are medically suitable to start wearing hearing devices. Once your application has been processed, you can attend your first appointment at Attune and start receiving services as part of the HSP.
Australian Defence Force
If you are a member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) you may be eligible to receive access to hearing services and a range of fully and partially subsidised hearing devices under the Hearing Services Program. Contact your local Attune clinic for further information.